BERT TRAINING GRANTS
Supporting the industry with training subsidies
Improve your industry skills
Build new skills in construction
Cement your career in construction
WHAT IS THE BERT TRAINING FUND?
BERT Training Fund (BTF) is a joint union and Employer initiative which provides members of the Building Employees Redundancy Trust (BERT) with funding and assistance to improve their skills. The Fund, which was previously known as Queensland Construction Training Fund was established in 1991 to enable the industry to take responsibility for the funding of its training needs.
AM I ELIGIBLE for BERT TRAINING FUNDING?
If you meet the following criteria, you may be eligible for BERT Training funding:
Current member of BERT
The course cost must be paid by the applicant or the employer prior to commencement
A separate application form must be completed for each course to be funded
Generally, only accredited training delivered by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) will be eligible for a training grant.
The amount of funding that will be approved will be limited to the total funds held in the applicant’s BERT account for the previous 12 months
Training grants are limited to a total of $1,500.00 per course
You can seek funding for up to three (3) training activities over a 12 month period, provided that the funding for the first two grants was below $1,500.00
WHAT COURSES CAN I USE BERT TRAINING FUNDING FOR?
BERT training funding can be used towards a number of courses and typically covers up to $1500 worth of training.
Pro-Lift Training FNQ courses you may like to choose are:
- CPCCLDG3001 Licence to perform dogging
- CPCCLRG3001 Licence to perform rigging basic level
- CPCCLSF2001 Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding basic level
- CPCCLSF3001 Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding intermediate level
- CPCCLSF4001 Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding advanced level
- CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry (White Card)
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid
- TLILIC0002 Licence to operate a vehicle loading crane (capacity 10 metre tonnes and above)
- TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a forklift truck
- TLILIC0005 Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more)
- TLILIC0008 Licence to operate a non-slewing mobile crane (greater than 3 tonnes capacity)
- TLILIC0010 Licence to operate a slewing mobile crane (up to 20 tonnes)
- TLILIC0013 Licence to operate a slewing mobile crane (up to 60 tonnes)
- TLILIC0014 Licence to operate a slewing mobile crane (up to 100 Tonnes)
- TLILIC0015 Licence to operate a slewing mobile crane (over 100 Tonnes)
- UETTDRRF06 Perform rescue from a live LV panel
- RIIHAN301E Operate elevating work platform
- RIIHAN308F Load and unload plant
- RIIHAN309F Conduct telescopic materials handler operations
- RIIRIS301E Apply risk management processes
- RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces and MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
- RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights
- RIIMPO317F Conduct roller operations
- RIIMPO318F Conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations
- RIIMPO319E Conduct backhoe/loader operations
- RIIMPO320F Conduct civil construction excavator operations
- RIIMPO321F Conduct civil construction wheeled front end loader operations
- RIIMPO323E Conduct civil construction dozer operations
- RIIMPO324E Conduct civil construction grader operations
- RIIMPO326E Conduct water vehicle operations
- RIIMPO337E Conduct articulated haul truck operations
Frequently Asked Questions
I'm not sure which courses I need. Can you help?
Of course we can.
Our team has extensive knowledge about the mining, transport, maritime and construction industries and can advise you what courses you will definitely need as well as those that may help give you an edge on the job hunt.
Give us a call on 07 4214 0129 to discuss.
Will I have to pay any money myself?
Yes. The BERT Training Fund will require you to book and pay for your own course and if approved, they will reimburse you for a percentage of what you paid after you complete the course and supply them with documentation.
Can I use BERT Training Funding for more than one course?
Absolutely. If you are approved, BERT will reimburse you for up to $1500 worth of training. Be sure to complete a separate application form for each course.
I'm still confused about BERT Training Fund. Who can I speak to?
It can be a bit tricky to get your head around the criteria and what to do next but our friendly team know funding like the back of their hands.
Give them a call on 07 4214 019 and they can talk you through anything you are unclear on.
Don't miss out
Want access to last minute deals, upcoming courses and news on industry changes?
Join the Pro-Lift VIP Cairns Crew by completing this form >>>